Best Lasik Surgery in Thane, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai
Freedom from spectacles and contact lenses with LASIK Surgery In Thane!
What is LASIK surgery,
and what does it do?
LASIK is a popular vision correction eye surgery that can correct nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism arising due to refractive errors. The LASIK reshapes your cornea so that light focuses on the retina correctly.
The cornea is the outer, convex, transparent part of the eye that focuses light rays on the retina and is responsible for 80% of vision. But due to cornea thickness, the refracted light may not focus on the retina, causing refractive vision errors. By correcting the corneal width through the Laser excimer technique, LASIK creates a cornea capable of focussing light rays accurately on the retina.
LASIK can help in the following ways:
- Simplifies your life and gives FREEDOM from wearing glasses and lenses.
- BOOSTS your looks and confidence.
- Boost performance in a SPORTS-RELATED activity.
- Help PURSUE-PROFESSION of your choice, such as the army, navy, air force & railways that demand perfect vision without glasses.
is a suitable candidate for LASIK?
LASIK can treat a broad range of vision disorders that arise due to refractive errors, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness & astigmatism.
You can reach our best eye doctor in Thane and know whether you are a candidate for LASIK or not through a comprehensive eye examination. The candidates must be 18 or above, in good health, & have no serious other eye disabilities.
You may contact the doctor to get LASIK surgery done. LASIK should be avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
is corneal examination before LASIK surgery?
The aberration error in vision may be caused due to corneal width. Therefore, before LASIK, the doctor conducts a comprehensive eye assessment to learn about:
- Corneal thickness: The thickness of your corneas is measured by a Pachymetry test. Patients with very thin cornea might not be good candidates for LASIK, but other procedures can be done.
- Abnormal corneal curvature: The shape and topography of the cornea are measured to check corneal abnormalities and conduct LASIK safely.
The doctor will also test dry eyes, pupil size, squint, contact lens history, and previous eye surgery.
of LASIK surgery
Typically, LASIK surgery has three types. Here is a brief about them:
A. Standard LASIK
Standard LASIK, also called conventional LASIK, reshapes the cornea using an advanced Laser to correct the eye’s refractive error.
B. Contoura LASIK
Contoura LASIK is an Advanced Topography Guided Procedure that treats refractive error and visual imperfections in a patient’s eye. Before surgery, a Computer-guided Corneal mapping (Topography analysis) is performed to map corneal contours, and next, treatment will be based on computer-guided corneal mapping.
C. Bladeless/ Touchless/ Flapless LASIK
Typically, thin corneas are hard to treat with LASIK. It is a next-generation or advanced TransPRK LASER procedure preferred in thin corneas. It uses advanced STREAMLIGHT LASER treatment for precise and safest corneal ablation.
LASIK is an advanced yet brief procedure that completes in just 1-2-3 distinct steps.
- Step 1: After putting an anaesthetic eye drop, a partial thickness corneal flap is made with a SBK microkeratome.
- Step 2: LASER is applied on the corneal bed, cornea is reshaped so that light rays focus precisely on the retina.
- Step 3: The flap is replaced back after the completion of the laser procedure. Eye drops are put in the eyes and the procedure is complete.
Important FAQs related
to LASIK surgery in Thane
Yes, it gives permanent results.
LASIK is a very safe eye surgery without any complications. It is applicable to a wide range of patients with the fastest recovery.
LASIK is no-pain or minimal-pain surgery. An anaesthetic drop is put into your eye before surgery to numb the eye. However, you may have watering and irritation in the eye for one hour after surgery.
Keratoconus is a progressive eye condition that affects the cornea of the eye. The LASIK aims to correct eye accommodation based on the constant cornea. Hence LASIK may not be appropriate for Keratoconus prevention.
Our best doctors in Thane can provide you with an alternate latest nonsurgical treatment called C3R (Corneal collagen crosslinking with Riboflavin) to prevent keratoconus progression.
You shouldn’t have the surgery if you:
- Are below 18
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Take certain medications.
- Your vision prescription is changing.
- Have thin or uneven corneas.
- Have eye conditions such as glaucoma, keratoconus, extremely dry eyes, etc.
- Have other health issues such uncontrolled diabetes, lupus, or rheumatoid arthritis.